Tuesday, October 18, 2005
  Drenched is not the word…
By about 7:30 I was done with my work & workout. It felt so good, a day of work coming to a befitting conclusion with warm shower at the gym. The only better thing could've been was getting in bed early. I then came up to my cube and looked out of the window and, guess what, it was pouring cats-and-dogs. We never realize the weather indoors. It was a wonderful sight. If it rains when the rain Gods are happy then at that moment they must've been ebullient. The rain was coming down unrestrained. I thought to myself, though I like getting wet…today I'll spare my office clothes.

I spent most of the next hour either examining the windows on my screen or peering out of the window enjoying the rain. I had made up my mind, I wouldn't be staying in office after 9:30. Soon the rain turned into a light drizzle and it was time I started. I enumerated my options, the rains could either stop or it could start pouring again. I packed up and headed for my bike, it was a leap of faith. In no time I was vroooming on Sarjapur road.

The 'travail' back home: No sooner had I covered half the distance back, the rain gods were appeased! I think that rain was at its voluminous best. In under a minute, I was dripping wet. It’s a nice cool feeling. I looked up and said…'Common, is this the best you can do?'. With reminiscence of Trinity, I dodged my way between the traffic. As soon as I veered on one of the by-lanes, it dawned upon me that getting home would be a daunting task. The water was not less that two feet deep. No one was daring to cross that stretch. Only vehicles with a high ground clearance and raised exhaust could attempt it. I patted my Pulsar and heard that reassuring roar. Off I went, meandering around the pot-holes and navigating thru knee-depth water. A few moments and the deluged stretch was left behind. Very soon, I was home. With heart filled with joy that only 'getting home' could bring and a story for everyone to tell… :)
posted by Div @ 1:40 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Track with co.mments
>
Previous Post
Archives
Links